Day 241: 6 July 2026

 Poem -- A Letter to Me


Dear New Mom,
I know that sometimes you raise your voice
out of fear or frustration.
Not every meal has to be balanced and healthy.
There will always be another chore to be done —
it doesn’t mean your house is a disaster.
Not every minute of the day has to be filled
with enriching activities.
Your body doesn’t have to be in the best shape
that it’s ever been.
It’s done something amazing.
I know you’re tired.
I know you’re holding onto so many schedules,
and things that need to get done…
or booked…
or put away.
I know that there are times every day
where you feel like you’re failing:
as a mom,
as a wife,
maybe as a friend
or an employee.
But I promise you:
You are not.
You are showing up.
You are doing your best.
You are so loved
right where you are.
Mama, I am proud of you.
Keeping learning,
Keep loving,
And keep showing up.
Love,
A slightly later version of you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: 28 November 2025

Day 15: 22 November 2025

Day 1: 8 November 2025