Day 21: 28 November 2025
Poem -- Mummy, Let's Play
We’ve folded the laundry.
The dishes are put away.
Little One coos, urging:
‘Come on Mummy! Let’s play!’
He lays on his play mat
Toys scattered around.
I pick up a ball.
It makes a rattling sound.
He tries to grab it, hold on
And then put it in his mouth;
But quickly the ball slips
And rolls to the ground.
We try again.
‘Somethings take practice,’ I say.
And hold out the ball for him again
Multiples tries are more than okay.
Then he rolls over.
It’s tummy time now.
He has toys and books
Out of reach in front of his brow.
He kicks and he stretches
Arms waving without care.
He lifts his head:
Active. Alert. And aware.
Finally we pick up
one of his favourite books.
Reading the pages
And under the flaps we look.
Our foreheads are touching
As we lay side by side.
He’s laughing and giggling
And I’m filled with pride.
What a wonderful little one
With which to spend the day.
I feel so blessed when he coos:
‘Mummy, let’s play!’
Comments
Post a Comment