Day 182: 8 May 2026
Reflection/Poem
I wonder:
Does the majority of the time
that I’m doing an okay job
make up for the times
that I make mistakes?
I wonder:
Are the mistakes ruining your childhood?
Or going to cause lasting damage?
Or do the mistakes just mean I am human?
I wonder:
Is an edge in my voice
or frustration or fear or tiredness (when it happens)…
Is that necessary sometimes for you to learn?
Or is it harmful?
Are you even old enough to decode it?
Does it matter?
I wonder:
Have I fed you enough and the right things?
Have I let you play enough?
Have I stretched your mind enough?
What sort of example am I setting?
I wonder:
Am I prioritizing you too much
or too little when making plans?
Am I too worried about schedules?
I try to be flexible…
I see that you are happy.
I see that you are confident.
I see that you try new things.
I see how you look at me for confirmation
when you’re not certain.
And I want to believe that I am doing good enough.
Sometimes I wonder:
Is the worrying a good sign?
Certainly a good mother must question herself sometimes?
I don’t have all the answers,
some days I am tired,
and sometimes I struggle.
But one thing I know:
with my whole being
I love you.
Comments
Post a Comment