Day 98: 13 February 2026

 Poem -- Teething

I needed to vacuum and
put you in the Cuddle Bug.
You didn’t mind it.
But you kept trying to tip out.

I needed to dust.
You didn’t like it.

I needed to make lunch —
for both of us —
But in the Cuddle Bug or your high chair
You didn’t like it.

I needed to do dishes.
You didn’t like it.

We ran errands
and you were in your pram
pulling your hat over your eyes.
You didn’t like it.

I needed to fold clothes.
You were in your walker.
That was okay.

Until I needed to hang up clothes.
You didn’t like it.

We played and read
sprawled out on your play mat
or you sitting in my lap…
It was okay
Until you would inevitably start
arching your back
or getting yourself stuck under the sofa.
Then, you didn’t like it.

Teething is hard.

I needed to vacuum and
put you in the Cuddle Bug.
You didn’t mind it.
But you kept trying to tip out.

I needed to dust.
You didn’t like it.

I needed to make lunch —
for both of us —
But in the Cuddle Bug or your high chair
You didn’t like it.

I needed to do dishes.
You didn’t like it.

We ran errands
and you were in your pram
pulling your hat over your eyes.
You didn’t like it.

I needed to fold clothes.
You were in your walker.
That was okay.

Until I needed to hang up clothes.
You didn’t like it.

We played and read
sprawled out on your play mat
or you sitting in my lap…
It was okay
Until you would inevitably start
arching your back
or getting yourself stuck under the sofa.
Then, you didn’t like it.

Teething is hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: 28 November 2025

Day 15: 22 November 2025

Day 1: 8 November 2025