Day 54: 31 December 2025

Journal/Reflection


As we get ready to close out 2025, here were some of the highlights:

It started in the Highlands. I love the Scottish Highlands and can’t praise them enough. I love going in winter, even though the days are short, because it’s an excuse to be restful. But we always fit in some hikes. The views are stunning! And the mornings and evenings relaxed and cosy.

The hubby and I were able to go to Hungary for a long weekend for a friend’s wedding. Firstly, it was great to be able to celebrate with this friend (and meet her now husband)! And it was so good to see her family again, too! But it was also nice to be able to show the hubby where I lived when I was there and for him to meet some of my friends and coworkers there.

The hubby and I did a 9-ish mile hike in Carding Mill Valley a week before baby was due. I’d long wanted to hike there, but we’d not had the chance yet. And it was a nice day for a hike! I was also pleased as peaches that I was still able to do it nine months pregnant!

Baby was born! Best thing of the year! I won’t go into detail here though.

The start of author Feature Friday on my Insta. I have been so excited about the number of authors interested in participating and I’m loving reading their responses to the questions and seeing their pictures and putting together the posts.

And it’s been really nice seeing my family these past few days! It’s been a couple of years since all of my siblings and I have been in the same place at the same time. It’s the first time the cousins are all getting to meet each other. And there’s snow and it’s Christmas. Absolutely special!

And a general shoutout to book club, because bookclub has given me some amazing friends! And I love my bookclub even if I haven’t been able to attend in person since baby was born.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: 28 November 2025

Day 15: 22 November 2025

Day 1: 8 November 2025