Day 38: 15 December 2025

 Poem -- Doing the Chores


Have you ever tried to:
assemble a new vacuum,
take the clean clothes out of the washing machine
and then fill it again, 
Or do the dishes
All while a baby arches against you
and screams in protest?

At least:
The hum of the vacuum once assembled was soothing,
It’s interesting to unload the dishwasher and put away the dishes,
And watching mummy fold laundry isn’t always bad.

“The chores don’t matter when they’re little,”
People say.
But I still need clothes to wear
(And so do hubby and baby).
I still need pots and pans and dishes so I can eat.
And I spend so much time on the floor now next to baby, that it’s easy to notice all the hairs and dust and food crumbs.

Are chores the most important thing?
No.
But there has to be some balance.
And today — getting a few chores accomplished
was a workout.

Thankfully more time was spent:
Reading
Playing
Snuggling
Rolling
and Laughing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 21: 28 November 2025

Day 15: 22 November 2025

Day 1: 8 November 2025