Day 13: 20 November 2025
Poem -- Motherhood
My eyes are so heavy;
They fight to stay awake.
My body is tired.
I have a headache.
But it is all worth it
When I see you smile
And giggle and coo
You say: Let’s play for a while.
So here I am now
Next to you on the floor:
Staring at lights
Or reading books some more.
I help you roll over.
You hold things in your hand.
Right now it is play time
So you’re in command.
You start to fuss
And I pick you up.
You just want some cuddles.
I give you a hug.
And suddenly now
You’re smiling again.
Your eyes saying: I love you Mummy!
That’s my biggest win.
Sometimes we get chores done
Other days not as much.
But still you are growing
And learning so much!
I love you my Little One!
And not just today.
Always, forever
In my heart you will always be.
Comments
Post a Comment